Virtual Fundations Level 3 Workshop – August 11, 2023
Fundations® is designed to reduce the number of children who later need intervention by giving all kids a solid foundation. A 30-minute Fundations® lesson ensures that the critical skills for reading and spelling are being taught daily.
Please purchase your ticket/seat at least two weeks prior to a scheduled event to allow for shipping/distribution.
|Date(s):||Friday, August 11, 2023|
|Time:||9 a.m. – 2 p.m. EST|
|Note regarding payments:||Cancellation of orders placed via PayPal are subject to a 6% processing fee.
Purchase Orders need to be made out to LTR Tutoring Associates, LLC
Fundations Virtual Workshops (instructor-led) provide the practice and guidance needed to effectively begin teaching the Fundations curriculum. This highly interactive remote workshop was developed with extensive participant input during the spring/early summer of 2020. It was designed to maintain participation and motivation for optimal learning, with strategically placed breaks and an extended lunch. Additionally, the workshop design allows for teacher input and active engagement via activities and discussions throughout each session.
Fundations’ research-based approach and extensive program materials allow K-3 teachers to present a carefully structured reading and spelling curriculum using multisensory techniques. Fundations thoroughly teaches the foundational skills, and significantly supports reading, writing, speaking, and language standards found in states’ rigorous college- and career-ready standards, including the Common Core State Standards. It addresses all five areas of reading instruction with an emphasis on systematic phonics and word structure.
The Fundations Level 3 Workshop provides the practice and guidance needed to effectively begin teaching the Fundations Level 3 curriculum.
Upon completion of the course, participants are able to:
- Have a solid background knowledge and understanding of the research base supporting the why and how of Fundations instruction.
- Identify the skills taught in Fundations Level 3: the alphabetic principle; sound mastery; phonics and advanced word study; vocabulary; high frequency/trick words; fluency; cursive handwriting, advanced spelling rules and morphology, and punctuation.
- Understand the principles of instruction: explicit, sequential, and cumulative instruction that engages multiple learning modalities with multisensory instruction, repetition, and immediate, specific feedback.
- Prepare a daily Level 3 learning plan and practice lesson activity procedures.
- Build a learning focused classroom: maximizing instructional time, learning lesson activities, using questioning to guide student learning and mastery, and encouraging craftsmanship for optimum outcomes.
Workshop Agenda/Topics Covered:
- Welcome and Program Overview (1 hour)
- Break (10 mins)
- Teacher Resources: PLC Tour and Materials (25-30 mins)
- Tabbing Manual and Manual Layout Slides (15-20 mins)
- Lunch (40-45 mins)
- Brief Explanation / Mini demo of Day (10 mins)
- Planning with the Manual Activity and Debrief (40-45 mins)
- Break (5-10 mins)
- Fundations in Action Video and Debrief Activity (45 mins)
- Next Steps and Q&A (10 mins)
CANCELLATION / REFUND POLICIES
For public workshops conducted by LTR Tutoring Associates, LLC: Payment is required in the form of PayPal, Purchase Order or Check before the event and is processed on a first-come, first-served basis. Tuition includes access to training handouts. Materials for program implementation are sold separately directly from Wilson Language Training. Tuition is fully refundable with notification up to 2 weeks prior to the event date. Cancellation within the 2 weeks prior the event will incur a fee that may equal the purchase of the ticket/seat. After a purchase a confirmation email will be sent with event details.
While we make every effort to conduct professional learning events on the dates and locations advertised, they are subject to change without prior notice. LTR reserves the right to change or cancel a professional learning event due to low enrollment or factors beyond our control and will refund the cost of the tuition. We will attempt to notify registrants to limit customer inconvenience, but we are not liable for any additional expenses incurred.
Reserve Seats for this Workshop
Number of people you wish to register for this workshop:
24 in stock
By reserving a seat for this training, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions specified in the Cancellation / Refund Policies section on this page.