Fundations® is designed to reduce the number of children who later need intervention by giving all kids a solid foundation. A 30-minute Fundations® lesson ensures that the critical skills for reading and spelling are being taught daily.
Please purchase your ticket/seat at least two days prior to the scheduled event for processing registration. Tuition includes access to a printable activity packet. Please print prior to the start of the event.
14 in stock
|Date(s):||Thursday, August 10, 2023|
|Time:||9 a.m. – 2 p.m. EST|
|Note re. PayPal payments:||Cancellation of orders placed via PayPal are subject to a 6% processing fee.|
Fundations Virtual Workshops (instructor-led) provide the practice and guidance needed to effectively begin teaching the Fundations curriculum. This highly interactive remote workshop was developed with extensive participant input during the spring/early summer of 2020. It was designed to maintain participation and motivation for optimal learning, with strategically placed breaks and an extended lunch. Additionally, the workshop design allows for teacher input and active engagement via activities and discussions throughout each session.
At the completion of the workshop, attendees will be able to:
- Identify the skills taught in Fundations: print awareness; phonological awareness; phonemic awareness and the alphabetic principle; sound mastery; phonics; vocabulary; high frequency/trick words; fluency; comprehension strategies; handwriting, spelling, and punctuation.
- Understand the principles of instruction: explicit, sequential, and cumulative instruction that engages multiple learning modalities with multisensory instruction, repetition, and immediate, specific feedback.
- Identify and understand the use for all materials in the Fundations Teacher’s Kit, and have a sense of how to find and use the many extended resources available on the Prevention/Early Intervention Learning Community for Fundations (membership included with participation in this workshop).
- Use the Teacher’s Manual to prepare a daily learning plan and practice lesson activity procedures.
- Visualize the flow and pace of a full Fundations lesson completed with fidelity.
Workshop Agenda/Topics Covered:
- Welcome and Program Overview (1 hour)
- Break (10 mins)
- Teacher Resources: PLC Tour and Materials (25-30 mins)
- Tabbing Manual and Manual Layout Slides (15-20 mins)
- Lunch (40-45 mins)
- Brief Explanation / Mini demo of Day (10 mins)
- Planning with the Manual Activity and Debrief (40-45 mins)
- Break (5-10 mins)
- Fundations in Action Video and Debrief Activity (45 mins)
- Next Steps and Q&A (10 mins)