Fundations® is designed to reduce the number of children who later need intervention by giving all kids a solid foundation. A 30-minute Fundations® lesson ensures that the critical skills for reading and spelling are being taught daily.
Please purchase your ticket/seat at least two weeks prior to a scheduled event to allow for shipping/distribution.
Out of stock
|Tuesday, October 18, 2022
|9 a.m. – 2 p.m. EST
|Note re. PayPal payments:
|Cancellation of orders placed via PayPal are subject to a 6% processing fee.
PURCHASE ORDERS NEED TO BE MADE OUT TO LTR TUTORING ASSOCIATES, LLC
Fundations Pre-K supports students’ emerging understanding of the alphabetic principles of letter-sound associations and alphabetical order, and the written language skill of manuscript letter formation. The skills taught align with those that the Report of the National Early Literacy Panel (2008) identified as strong and consistent predictors for the later development of literacy skills, strongly support the Head Start Early Learning Outcomes Framework (2015), and follow the same principles of instruction as other Wilson programs: explicit and systematic; interactive, incorporating multisensory instruction and motor memory learning; with ample opportunities for practice and feedback.
The Fundations Pre-K Launch Workshop provides the practice and guidance needed to effectively begin teaching the Fundations Pre-K Activity Set.
Upon completion of the course, participants are able to:
- Understand how the Fundations Pre-K Activity Set supports essential early literacy instruction including the alphabetic principal and transcription skills.
- Determine the activities and implementation schedule for the Fundations Pre-K Activity Set.
- Implement the procedures for the activities.
- Identify and use the teacher and student materials.
- Fundations Level Pre-K Workshop Printable Activity Packet (provided)
- Fundations Level Pre-K Activity Set (recommended)
- Wilson Academy® Pre-K Resource Community membership provided after workshop registration
An individual must successfully complete the following requirements:
- Complete workshop and participate in all program activities
- Provide feedback via the course evaluation form
Full Day (4 Instructional Hours)