Virtual Just Words Workshop – November 16, 2022
Just Words is a highly explicit, multisensory decoding and spelling program for students in grades 4–12 and adults who have mild to moderate gaps in their decoding and spelling proficiency but do not require intensive intervention. The Just Words curriculum provides a sophisticated study of word structure appropriate for students beyond the elementary grades. It provides direct and explicit teaching of “how English works” for both decoding and spelling automaticity.
Please purchase your ticket/seat at least two weeks prior to a scheduled event to allow for shipping/distribution.
|Dates:||Wednesday, November 16, 2022|
|Time:||9 a.m. – 2 p.m. EST|
|Note regarding payments:||Cancellation of orders placed via PayPal are subject to a 6% processing fee.
Purchase orders must be made out to LTR Tutoring Associates, LLC
Just Words® Virtual Launch Workshops (instructor-led) provide the practice and guidance needed to effectively begin teaching the Just Words curriculum. This highly interactive remote workshop was developed with extensive participant input during the spring/early summer of 2020. It was designed to maintain participation and motivation for optimal learning, with strategically placed breaks and an extended lunch. Additionally, the workshop design allows for teacher input and active engagement via activities and discussions throughout each session.
Upon the completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the skills taught in Just Words: phonics and word study (phonemic awareness, six basic syllable types in English, spelling rules, common Latin roots, prefixes, and suffixes), vocabulary study, and high frequency words.
- Understand the principles of instruction: explicit, sequential, and cumulative instruction that engages multiple learning modalities with multisensory instruction, repetition, and immediate, specific feedback.
- Identify and understand the use for all materials in the Just Words Teacher’s Kit, and have a sense of how to find and use the many extended resources available on the Intervention Learning Community for Just Words (membership included with participation in this workshop).
- Use the Instructor Manual to prepare a daily learning plan and practice lesson activity procedures.
- Visualize the flow and pace of a full Just Words lesson completed with fidelity.
- Identify which students may be appropriate for a Just Words class, and understand how to assess students’ progress in the class by using Progress Checks at the beginning of each Unit and Unit Tests at the end.
One full day (4 instructional hours)
CANCELLATION / REFUND POLICIES
For public workshops conducted by LTR Tutoring Associates, LLC: Payment is required in the form of PayPal, Purchase Order or Check before the event and is processed on a first-come, first-served basis. Tuition includes access to training handouts. Materials for program implementation are sold separately directly from Wilson Language Training. Tuition is fully refundable with notification up to 2 weeks prior to the event date. Cancellation within the 2 weeks prior the event will incur a fee that may equal the purchase of the ticket/seat. After a purchase a confirmation email will be sent with event details.
While we make every effort to conduct professional learning events on the dates and locations advertised, they are subject to change without prior notice. LTR reserves the right to change or cancel a professional learning event due to low enrollment or factors beyond our control and will refund the cost of the tuition. We will attempt to notify registrants to limit customer inconvenience, but we are not liable for any additional expenses incurred.
Reserve Seats for this Workshop
Number of people you wish to register for this workshop:
18 in stock
By reserving a seat for this training, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions specified in the Cancellation / Refund Policies section on this page.