Just Words is a highly explicit, multisensory decoding and spelling program for students in grades 4–12 and adults who have mild to moderate gaps in their decoding and spelling proficiency but do not require intensive intervention. The Just Words curriculum provides a sophisticated study of word structure appropriate for students beyond the elementary grades. It provides direct and explicit teaching of “how English works” for both decoding and spelling automaticity.
Please purchase your ticket/seat at least two days prior to the scheduled event for processing registration. Tuition includes access to a printable activity packet. Please print prior to the start of the event.
29 in stock
|Dates:||Tuesday, October 24, 2023|
|Time:||9 a.m. – 2 p.m. EST|
|Note regarding payments:||Cancellation of orders placed via PayPal are subject to a 6% processing fee.
Purchase orders must be made out to LTR Tutoring Associates, LLC
Just Words® Virtual Launch Workshops (instructor-led) provide the practice and guidance needed to effectively begin teaching the Just Words curriculum. This highly interactive remote workshop was developed with extensive participant input during the spring/early summer of 2020. It was designed to maintain participation and motivation for optimal learning, with strategically placed breaks and an extended lunch. Additionally, the workshop design allows for teacher input and active engagement via activities and discussions throughout each session.
Upon the completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the skills taught in Just Words: phonics and word study (phonemic awareness, six basic syllable types in English, spelling rules, common Latin roots, prefixes, and suffixes), vocabulary study, and high frequency words.
- Understand the principles of instruction: explicit, sequential, and cumulative instruction that engages multiple learning modalities with multisensory instruction, repetition, and immediate, specific feedback.
- Identify and understand the use for all materials in the Just Words Teacher’s Kit, and have a sense of how to find and use the many extended resources available on the Intervention Learning Community for Just Words (membership included with participation in this workshop).
- Use the Instructor Manual to prepare a daily learning plan and practice lesson activity procedures.
- Visualize the flow and pace of a full Just Words lesson completed with fidelity.
- Identify which students may be appropriate for a Just Words class, and understand how to assess students’ progress in the class by using Progress Checks at the beginning of each Unit and Unit Tests at the end.
One full day (4 instructional hours)